September 20, 2009

A Gross Truth......Crohn's Disease


When people think of Crohn's disease, they often think it is just too do with taking a crap, blah blah blah!


Nope, no it is not just about having issues with your Ass, and taking shits all day. Here is a little update for the people too lazy to research the disease and not be so naive about it. 
Crohn's disease is a Gastrointestinal disease that does mostly affect the bowels, As well as, and often even more in my case, affects my eating, my stomach, my energy, my absorption of nutrients, my mood, my ability to tolerate alcohol, food, and learning to live with pain, everyday, and all day.

In the past five years since I have been diagnosed with Crohns disease, I have been living day to day like a drug addict. I have to pop 16 pills in the morning, 10 in the afternoon, and 10 at night. Yes that's is correct quickly do the math and I am taking 36 pills daily-just to remain in limbo with my disease, hoping that it does not get worse- leading me into a terrible flare up that could potentially make me go into surgery and end up with a colostomy bag for the rest of my life. 
We all know a young, thin, blond with green eyes sporting a bag permanently attached to her stomach full of shit isn't on the list of qualities most guys are looking for.


I consider myself incredibly lucky compared to the thousands of people out there who have had to have surgeries to cut out portions of their intestines, and then to have that fail and get a colostomy bag.


Although I am in pain everyday, can't eat what I want, can't live an active lifestyle like I wish to be doing, I am incredibly lucky in the fact that I am surgery free at this point, and have been able to ween myself off of the Massive amounts of Steroids I once lived on daily to try and save me from entering into that operating room.


Crohn's a gross disease because it involves my ass, well I say wake up, research, and stop being so goddamn inconsiderate to those people suffering everyday, all day. 


Consider this before I end my rant, I know everyone out there living a normal healthy life craps usually everyday, sometimes up to three times a day, and looks forward to their morning poo after a cup of coffee, so what in your mind makes us (Chrohn's sufferers) any different to think that we live a lifestyle of "crapping" to consider our disease gross?

No comments:

Post a Comment